This is a lovely dish which you can make with or without the extra Chilli’s.
Being a Balti it is best served in the traditional Balti Dish but if not then a Plate will do.
Wok or Heavy Saucepan,Chef’s Knife ,Spatula,Measuring Jug or Cup,Serving Dish.
700 grammes of Chicken Breast cubed, as usual remove the fat and little blood pockets (if any ) and double check for small bones.
- 4 Tables Spoons of Oil .Olive ,Sunflower or corn will do.
- 6 Curry Leaves ,(Bay leaves can be an ok alternative )
- 8 Medium Sliced Tomatoes
- 2 Small Green Chillies Chopped Finely and OPTIONAL
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Yellow or Brown Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Onion Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder not Hot
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Crushed Garlic 3 Cloves should do it.
- So heat up the Wok or Pan and put the oil into it and then chuck the Leaves and Mustard and Onion Seeds in just for a couple of minutes to release the flavour but don’t burn them.
- Lower the heat then add the tomatoes
- In a small bowl mix the Garlic,Ground Coriander and Cumin,Chilli powder and salt. Mix well then pour over the tomatoes.
- Now add the Chicken Pieces and Green Chilli if required and stir this well for about another 5-7 minutes.
- Next add the water until its looks like a lovely sauce if its to thick add little more water or if its not thick enough then keep on cooking.
- Make sure the Chicken is thoroughly cooked through and then pour into a serving dish.