Coconut Milk Chicken Curry ( with a kick )
Just tried a new curry which there are many listed of online however I decided to give it a twist and think you’ll like it.
Chicken …….A lot of versions use chicken thighs and whilst I love chicken thighs I decided to use Chicken breast in my Version. So 2 large chicken breasts cut into large pieces.
- 1 Teaspoon of Oil,Coconut,Sunflower or Virgin Olive oil.I used the Sunflower
- 1 Desert Spoon of Garam Masala
- 1 Desert Spoon of Hot Madras Powder ( If you don’t have any hot madras powder you could use normal and just add a teaspoon of Chilli powder.
- 1 Teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 Small onion Finely chopped
- 5 Garlic cloves finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped tomatoes
- 1 400ml can of Coconut Milk
- 1 large potato cut into small pieces about 1cm cubed or thin slices .(As soon as you’ve cut into cubes place in a bowl of cold water so that the potato doesn’t turn color.
- Small amount of water couple of table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Cilantro (Corriander)
Firstly read the ingredients and make sure you have these all ready to hand in whatever shape or form they are.e.g chopped or grated or cubed.
- So with all your ingredients prepped heat the oil in a large deep pan or Wok on a medium heat.
- Add the onion to the pan with the cumin seeds,garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the Hot Madras Powder , Garam Masala and mix well for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk ,chopped tomatoes ,water and cilantro and mix well.
- Add the chicken and salt to the pan .
- Mix all the ingredients well then cover and leave on a low heat so that the curry simmers for about 30 minutes.
- You may find that the curry seems quite watery if so you can either raise the heat for a while until the water evaporates or mix up some flour and water and add this to the curry to thicken it up.
- Finally add the potatoes (or not ) to the curry and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Now place in a serving dish and add some cilantro to garnish .