So you don’t like spicy but you’d like a curry…..try this light mild and creamy curry it’s a great introduction to Indian cuisine.
Sharp Chefs knife small to devein and shell the King Prawns(Jumbo Shrimp)Wok or heavy Saucepan.Colinder or Sieve couple of small bowls,Cop or measuring Jug.
Jumbo Shrimp or as its called in Europe King Prawn…..the bigger the better.
- 12-14 Jumbo Shrimp (King Prawns)Cooked,Peeled and most importantly DEVEINED.
- 3 Tablespoons of Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- 3 Tablespoons of Low Fat Fromage Frais
- 1 Teaspoon Medium Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/2 a Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Green Cardamon Pods
- 1 good dollop of Tomato Puree (1 Tablespoon will do )
- 150Ml or 1/2 cup of water
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic crushed or grated
- 1 Teaspoon of Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1 handful of Fresh Cilantro/ Corriander
- 3 Tablespoon of Coconut Milk
- Olive /Coconut or Sunflower Oil
- Firstly rinse those Prawns/Shrimps thoroughly and then make sure any excess water is drained out. Pat with kitchen roll if necessary
- Grab a small bowl and put the Forage Frais ,Yoghurt,Garam Masala ,Tomato Puree,Paprika,Coconut Milk and Water into it and mix it together well. Set this aside.
- Get your Wok or Pan and put just a tablespoon of Oil into it and heat only on a low heat. Place the Cardamon,Cinnamon Stick,Garlic and Ginger add a bit of salt to taste.Fry these for a few minutes
- Gradually increase the heat to medium and add the Mixture from the bowl into your Wok or Pan.Get the sauce to boil and stir occasionally .
- Next put the Shrimps into the pan and cook through .At this stage you can adjust the consistency of the sauce. If you prefer it to be fairly thick then let it cook until it thickens. If you like it more liquid then make sure the Shrimps are cooked and add a little more water to thin the sauce down. Not too much though as this will dilute the flavour.
- As a finishing touch either stir the Corriander in gently or just place it on top of the dish once you have transferred this into your serving Dish.